So Tyler really wanted to try this recipe out that he found on The Tasty K. So I went out and grabbed the ingredients I could find and we whipped it together changing just a few things along the way. It’s such an interesting idea to add beans and veggies to treats. I really think that this is a great way to trick your kids and yourself into getting some good nutrients.
Let’s be honest, we all love brownies but if only there was a better way… this would be it.
11/2 cup of rice flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
3/4 cup ground pecans
dash of salt
1 Can of Black Kidney beans
1 1/2 cup of maple syrup
11/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of grated zucchini
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
Chocolate Yam Frosting
2 small yam
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
1/4 maple syrup
5 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Boil the yams first thing until they are super soft.
- Preheat the over to 350 F.
- Add all the dry ingredient into a mixing bowl and mix together
- blend all the wet ingredients in a blender except for the eggs, chocolate chips and the zucchini
- Then add the ingredients in together including the eggs and the zucchini and chocolate chips
- Place in a buttered or non stick sprayed glass baking pan and put in the over for 40-45 minutes.
- While the brownie is baking mix together the Frosting ingredients
- Take the brownie out and let cool for 30 minutes
- Add the frosting
Ready to serve.
This recipe was inspired by http://thetastyk.com